Information needed to open a Ministry Account
Thank you for your interest in opening an account with Christian Community Credit Union. To get started, below is a list of information we need from your church or ministry.
USA Patriot Act of 2001
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person or entity that opens an account. What this means to you: When you open an account, Christian Community Credit Union will ask for your name or entity name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you and your Ministry. We may ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Incorporated Church or Ministry Membership Documentation
Following are the documents Christian Community Credit Union needs when opening an account for an incorporated church or ministry in order to comply with the USA Patriot Act of 2001.
- Statement of Faith (unless affiliated with an already approved denomination)
- Articles of Incorporation (including amendments) certified by the Secretary of State
Unincorporated Church or Ministry Membership Documentation
Some churches or ministries have elected not to incorporate. In those cases, membership is still possible. Following are the documents Christian Community Credit Union needs when opening an account for an unincorporated association church or ministry in order to comply with the USA Patriot Act of 2001.
- Copy of constitution or articles of association.
- Bylaws or other charter documents created upon formation.
Other Items Needed
In addition to the above corporate or association documents, churches or ministries must have the following information and complete the following documents in order to establish membership with Christian Community Credit Union.
- Tax Identification Number
- Principal place of business, local office, or other physical location
- Ministry Account Application (Christian Community Credit Union to provide)
- Ministry Signature Card (Christian Community Credit Union to provide)
Note: Other documents may be required depending on the accounts and services your church or ministry would like to open.
Still Need Help?
Occasionally an unincorporated church or ministry wants to incorporate, but is not affiliated with a denomination or a sponsor church or ministry and needs help knowing where to start.