Mobile Banking Security Tips
- Lock your phone with a password so that it is not easily accessed.
- Do not leave your phone unattended where others can use it.
- Close out of Mobile Banking when you are finished with your session.
- Do not save your User ID, Password or account information on your phone.
- Regularly run anti-virus and anti-spyware programs on your smartphone, just as you would on your PC.
- If you should lose your phone, contact your cell carrier immediately and have your phone disabled. Also, login to Online Banking using a PC and change your password.
- We will never send an email or text message requesting your User ID or Password. If you get such a request, be sure to check your phone for malware or other viruses.
- If you purchased a used or refurbished phone, check it for pre-loaded malware or viruses that can be used to steal your data.
- Confirm that your Bluetooth technology is set to a high security mode so that you must approve any connections or downloads before they are made.
- Always disable your phone’s Bluetooth function when it is not in use.
- Make sure you are using a secure internet browser and connection while connected to Mobile Banking.
The views and opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily represent those of this organization. The information contained in this video is provided for informational and illustrative purposes only. None of it guarantees a particular viewer’s information will be more secure. Every security situation is different.Thus, nothing on the video should be relied upon in making actual security decisions in place of consulting withan experienced and knowledgeable security consultant about your specific situation.
Jim Stickley and “Stickley on Security” are not responsible for your personal security and the information on the video is given without warranty or guarantee. You agree that, in viewing this video, you are responsible for your own security and that neither Jim Stickley nor “Stickley on Security” are advising you about or are responsible for your particular situation.