Thank you for your interest in Courtesy Pay. We realize life happens and overdraft protection may come in handy at times.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
Review our Standard Overdraft Practices
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
- We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
- We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Christian Community CU pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $27 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is a limit of $135 per day on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
What if I want Christian Community Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions complete the form below. For additional information, visit our website at https://www.mycccu.com/courtesypayprogram. You can revoke your authorization for Christian Community Credit Union to pay these overdrafts at any time by any of the above methods. Your revocation must include both your name and your account number so that we can properly identify your account.
Christian Community Credit Union will have the discretion to pay overdrafts within the Courtesy Pay limits, but payment by Christian Community Credit Union is a courtesy and not a right of the member or an obligation of Christian Community Credit Union. Courtesy Pay is not a line of credit it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Courtesy Pay may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within thirty (30) days for a minimum of one business day.